There is a tool available to convert cpanel backup to directadmin compatible backup file. This tool can be used in both cpanel server as well as direct admin server. This tool will covert cPanel backups created by both – the /scripts/pkgacct script, and – cPanel’s ‘Full Backup’ GUI tool.
VERSIONS Current Version: v.9.4 Last updated 2009-01-13
Old Version: v.8.3 Last updated 2004-11-04 at 5:47 PM EST
http://data1.liquenox.com/installatr…_import.tar.gz (without Maildir support)
1. Download and extract the above file to your server(cpanel or directadnin) (wget and tar xzf)
2. Create two directories ‘import’ and ‘export’ in any locatio (mkdir import export)
3. Put the cpanel backup to the import directory.
4. After you have extracted the downloaded file there will be a file defaults.conf you need to edit that file to match the DA server you will be restoring to. The only fields you must change are the IP and name server fields. This toll will not work if you did not specify it correctly
5. Execute perl da.cpanel.import.pl(another file you got after extraction) and follow the on-screen instructions
6. After the restoration you will get a new file in your export directory which is in direct admin compatible format.
7. Move the new backup file from export directory to any DA /home/RESELLER/user_backups directory*
8. Login to your direct admin panel and restore this file( DA’s reseller-level Manage User Backups tool).